Anxiety and depression are the two major psychological disorders that plague humans all around the world.
Well, you may be surprised to discover that there is an unlimited array of over the counter anxiety medication options available to you.
Factors To Consider
There are many things to consider when shopping for over-the-counter medication.
- The price
- Pureness level
- Medication form
- Manufacturing location
Of course, it is wise to do a bit of research on the different well-known brands (such as “formula 303”) and common ingredients found in these products. There is ample information about anti-anxieties that can be purchased without a prescription.
It would help if you also compared the over the counter supplement with the prescription drug, so you will know which option will serve you the best.
Understanding OTC Anxiety Medications
Many people are completely unaware that anxiety medications can be purchased directly online or through a pharmacy. This is entirely true. It is possible to eliminate your anxiety by utilizing a “Xanax alternative” or other anxiety medications that you’ve purchased without a prescription.
How does it work?
Well, the mass majority of these products are fully natural. They do not contain any narcotics or anything that would be considered illegal. Therefore, you’ll be able to purchase them effortlessly and more affordable than you would the alternatives.
Below, you’ll learn about the enormous benefits associated with OTC anxiety medications.
Many anti-anxiety supplements contain potentially harmful substances, including artificial sweeteners, coloring, caffeine, GMOs, and flavorings. If you are a health-conscious shopper, you should only consider supplements that contain natural ingredients.
The ingredient list should look something like this:
- Biotin is commonly used for an assortment of purposes, including supporting nail and hair growth. The ingredient is also believed to be able to calm the nerves and alleviate anxiety. Many people fail to realize that Biotin is a member of the vitamin B complex and plays a vital role in energy and normal cell growth. Clinical evidence has proven time, and against that a lack of Biotin can directly result in feelings of anxiety and even irritability. So, increasing your Biotin intake could very well alleviate these symptoms.
- Niacin is Vitamin B3, and it is imperative overall good health. Over the years, researchers and scientists have concluded that Niacin can be helpful for various purposes, including decreasing cholesterol levels, while also reducing certain cardiovascular risks. Some also believe that this ingredient can combat Type 1 diabetes, cataracts, and even Alzheimer’s. The ingredient can also help the user relax and fall asleep quicker at night. Suffice to say; the combination makes Niacin a right choice for anxiety sufferers.
- Calcium, at this point, you should be well familiar with the paramount importance of calcium. Without calcium, your body will not be able to develop and maintain healthy bones and teeth. Of course, the scope may expand further than previously known. Recent research has discovered that anxiety could be a result of an insufficient amount of calcium. Since the chemical is vital for optimum brain functionality, it can also stabilize the mood and alleviate anxiety symptoms. So, the next time you feel anxious, you should try adding a little calcium to your diet.
- Zinc can be found in the cells inside of your body. The chemical plays a vital role in keeping your immune system working correctly, while also speeding up wound healing. It is also important for your senses. More importantly, Zinc is important for developmental purposes. Zinc is responsible for cell growth and has helped you develop properly since infancy. It is also believed that Zinc may effectively reduce the anxiousness associated with a general anxiety disorder. This is the case because Zinc plays an essential role in the synthesis of serotonin.
- Potassium, if you have begun feeling anxious, fearful, or constantly worried, you may be suffering from low potassium. Potassium is one of the most prominent and important chemicals within the body, and an imbalance can result in an assortment of negative side effects, including anxiety. Low levels of potassium can result in mental fatigue, additional stress, and anxiety. So, you’ll want to make sure you consume a balanced diet and incorporate a little extra potassium. This may very well help you eliminate your anxiety without consuming potentially dangerous medications.
- GABA is capable of boosting norepinephrine production, which is a very important neurotransmitter that plays a huge role in the fight or flight process. Gamma-aminobutyric acid is a derivative of amino acids, proving to be very valuable for athletes and others. This natural substance is the safest form of focus, mood, and sleep aid that you will find on the market.
- 5-HTP, to regulate your mood, decrease stress, and promote sleep, you will need to invest in a supplement that contains 5-HTP. This herb can boost the production of serotonin, which is the famous “feel good” neurotransmitter. If your body does not produce enough serotonin, you will suffer from sleeplessness and potentially insomnia. Many individuals will also utilize 5-HTP as an appetite suppressant, so they can reduce their caloric intake without exhibiting hunger pains.
- Valerian root is a very popular herb that contains chemical properties that will aid in promoting sleep and reducing anxiety. The herb also promotes human cell health and regeneration to potentially help keep your body and brain active. When purchasing supplements that contain valerian root, you should only consider those that offer a high purity and potency rating. A higher potency will ensure that you will receive the maximum benefits from the herb.
All of these ingredients are very safe for human consumption and will not cause any severe side effects. Of course, it is always wise to check with your physician before you set out on a shopping spree; by following the dosage indicated on the box, you should stay away from any troubles.
And finally, you should know that OTC anxiety products are usually manufactured from natural ingredients. This provides you with additional peace of mind since you’ll know that the natural ingredients will be safe and effective. Compared to prescription anxiety drugs, the OTC versions are substantially safer and usually do not have any addiction risks. Of course, some herbs can have a few side effects, and some will experience allergic reactions. Therefore, it is pertinent to investigate all of the ingredients before consuming these medications.
When shopping for an over the counter anxiety medication, you should only consider the well-known brands. This does not necessarily mean that the other brands are not effective, but only that you will be much safer to stick with the popular brands. You can never trust the knock-off brand, especially when it comes to what they contain. Just because the label says that it has a pure blend of ingredients does not always make it so.
Every over the counter medication needs to be approved by the FDA
Never purchase a supplement that has not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. This federal agency is responsible for evaluating and regulating prescription and over the counter anxiety medications. While the FDA does not regulate supplements, they have standards set aside for these products. The manufacturer must heed these regulations, or they will not be able to market its products in the United States.
While scouring the market’s over the counter anxiety medication, one thing to take into mind is the manufacturer. Numerous companies produce their anxiety medication, and most of them are very reputable. However, there are a few devious companies out there, so not all should be trusted. With this in mind, you’ll want to spend extensive time researching every one of the companies before making your decision.
Be sure to check out the company’s standing with the Better Business Bureau. And also find the physical address listed on their website. First, the company’s BBB page should have a good rating, and the complaints should be minor and minimum. Second, the company’s physical address should direct you to a business headquarters or a manufacturing plant. If one of these does not check out, you’ll want to stay away from the company!
OTC medications will always be less expensive.
Another way you’ll benefit from making the transition to OTC medications is that you won’t be required to spend so much to obtain the relief that you desire and deserve. Prescription anxiety medications will cost you in several different ways. Not only will you be forced to pay more for the medicines, but also you’ll need to pay the doctor to write the prescription. When taking this into account, you’ll find that prescription drugs can cost twice as much as their OTC counterparts. So, if you wish to save yourself a little bit of money, you’ll want to begin utilizing OTC anxiety medications.
Whether you opt for pills, powders, or liquids, you’ll want to make sure the product is going to provide you with anxiety relief for a substantial period. To do this, you should inspect the back label. This can be done whether you’re shopping online or happen to visit your local pharmacy. When inspecting this label, it is pertinent to check the serving size and the bottle contents. The combination can tell you precisely how long a single bottle or supply of the product will last.
Pills need to remember that you’ll generally be instructed to consume more than a single pill at once. So, the pill count will not always equate to the longevity of the bottle.
Fight your anxiety with differents forms of medication
When attempting to purchase an OTC anxiety medication, you’ll need to know that various forms are available. Although most people will opt for the pill versions, they aren’t your only options. It is possible to choose from pills, liquids, and even patches. By considering all of your potential choices, you’ll have a much better chance of finding the product that works best for you. Below, you’ll learn about some of these types.
- Pills are great for an array of reasons. Nothing is easier than screwing off the lip, popping a few pills in your mouth, and washing them down with water. Also, the pill forms tend to be much less costly than the alternatives. Sadly, some people will not like pills because they’re difficult to swallow, and some will leave behind a hideous aftertaste. If you hate trying to swallow oversized pills, you may want to try one of the alternatives below.
- Liquid Form
- It is a scientific fact that an over the counter anxiety medication in liquid form will offer faster relief than the pill form. The main reason for this is because most tablets are covered with a protective coating that must dissolve before the medication can be released into the bloodstream. This may only take around 5-15 minutes, but you do not have time to waste when you are suffering from an anxiety attack. The liquid formula will absorb into the bloodstream much quicker than capsule and tablet form. If you are looking for expedient relief, you may want to consider the liquid or powder form supplement.
- It is also possible to purchase anxiety patches directly over the counter. These products are very innovative, but they’re not nearly as readily available as the alternatives. So, you’ll need to search around a little to find these specific relief products. However, they tend to work very well, and they help you avoid ingesting anything. If you do not like consuming pills or drinking awkward powders, you’ll want to opt for the patches.
- If you’re looking for an anxiety relief product that can be utilized throughout the day and night, you’ll want to look at anxiety relief creams. These creams are capable of easing your anxiety, and they’re incredibly convenient. Most can be applied at any time of the day. Whenever you begin feeling stressed out or anxious, you’ll want to spray a minute bit of cream into the palm of your hand and rub it onto your skin. This will provide you with the calm feeling of the alternatives above, without requiring you to consume any potentially dangerous side effects.
When you’re suffering from nerve problems and anxiety, you’ll want to acquire relief as quickly as possible. Although doctors are reliable and can provide you with a prescription easily, they’re anything but rapid. To obtain a prescription, you’ll need to sit in the doctor’s office for many hours on end and need to spend enormously. Suffice to say; the OTC alternative is better in all senses of the word. With OTC medications, you can skip the doctor and have the medication shipped to you rapidly.
While any drug can cause mild, moderate, to severe side effects, natural supplements are less likely to cause these undesirable reactions. Of course, this does not mean that they are safe because some herbs can cause side effects and be counteractive with prescription medications and medical conditions. Your best bet will be to read the label thoroughly and research each ingredient combined in the formula.
Some common side effects include:
- Mild confusion
- Delayed reflexes
- You should expect to exhibit one or several of these side effects, but if you experience suicidal ideations, hostility, severe paranoia, or impulsive behavior, you should stop taking the medication immediately.
If you are pregnant or trying to get pregnant, you should avoid all over-the-counter supplements. The ingredients found in these products can cross the placenta, causing the unborn fetus to become dependent. If you continue using these medications until the baby is born, it will go through withdrawal, just like an adult.
Women breastfeeding should also avoid all medications unless prescribed by an obstetrician because the medicine can potentially be excreted in breast milk. If you are taking any medication while breastfeeding, you should note your child’s behavior. If you notice the child becoming excitable with very little stimulation, you should contact your pediatrician immediately. The child is exhibiting some side effects linked to the medication that you are taking, so you may want to hold off on breastfeeding until it is completely excreted from your body.
Before giving up your money, you should confirm that it will be spent wisely. Since it is almost impossible to know how a specific medication will affect you, it is a good idea to only purchase products that come with a money-back guarantee until you take it. The mass majority of OTC medication manufacturers will offer some guarantee, with most extending over 30 days. Some offer even longer warranties, but 30 days should be more than sufficient for most consumers.
As long as you purchase a medication, which has a lengthy guarantee, you can always get your money back if it proves to be ineffective. So, it is truly impossible to lose with certain investments. Just remember that some manufacturers will require you to pay for the return shipping and handle. A restocking fee may also be imposed on consumers who return their purchases.
When it comes down to it, the market is truly oversaturated with over the counter anxiety medication. Although some individuals will adamantly tell you that one product is the best by far, you need to remember that medications can impact each consumer differently. Therefore, your friend’s preferred drug might not work so well for you. Make sure you scan the market and use the information above to help you find the right product, which will work immensely well for your individualistic situation.