Vyvanse is a type of amphetamine. Because of this, some people wonder how to dissolve vyvanse in water or if it’s even safe to do so.
These are perfectly valid concerns. Amphetamines have been known to have side effects and can be addictive when taken in high doses over time.
Because of this, many people avoid taking any version of amphetamine and especially avoiding drinking vyvanse in water or any other beverage. But there are some benefits to dissolving vyvanse in water as well as some risks you should know about before making that decision for yourself.
What is Vyvanse?
Vyvanse is a prescription medication used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). It’s also used to treat binge eating disorder and moderate to severe binge eating disorder.
It’s a type of amphetamine, so it’s similar to drugs like Adderall and Ritalin, which are also used to treat the same conditions.
Vyvanse is available in capsule form and can be taken with or without food. Swallowing the capsule whole is preferred, but you can also open the capsule and sprinkle the contents on food.
A one-time dose is generally around 30 milligrams. You may also take up to 50 milligrams per day.
How to Dissolve Vyvanse in Water
You can dissolve vyvanse in water by adding vyvanse powder to a glass of water. The amount of water will depend on how much vyvanse you’ve taken.
The most common reason to dissolve vyvanse in water is if you’re taking a lower dose than the recommended dosage.
To dissolve vyvanse in water, you’ll first want to add a little bit of water to a glass. Swirl the glass to mix the water and vyvanse together. Then, add more water until the glass is full. The vyvanse should dissolve into the water at that point.
Pros of Dissolving Vyvanse in Water
- By dissolving vyvanse in water, you’ll be able to take a lower dose than what is recommended for your weight. This may be a helpful option for people who are taking vyvanse for ADHD.
- Taking vyvanse in water makes it easier to take the medication before work or school. You don’t have to rush to take the medication in the morning, and it’ll be easier to swallow.
- You can take vyvanse in water if you’re experiencing stomach pain after taking the medication. This might be a sign that you’ve taken too much. You can also dissolve vyvanse in water if you have trouble swallowing the pill.
Cons of Dissolving Vyvanse in Water
- Dissolving vyvanse in water may make it more difficult to determine when you’ve reached the recommended dose.
- If you dissolve vyvanse in a large amount of water, it can be difficult to swallow all of it at once.
- If you dissolve vyvanse in water, it will enter your bloodstream more slowly. This could make it more difficult to determine when you should take another dose.
Can You Take Vyvanse Orally?
Yes, you can take vyvanse orally. However, it’s important to do so according to the recommended dosage. If you take more than the recommended dosage of vyvanse orally, you may experience unwanted side effects or overdose.
Taking more than the recommended dosage can also increase your risk of developing a tolerance to the medication. This can cause you to need a higher dosage or possibly require a different treatment in the long term.
If you have trouble swallowing vyvanse, you can dissolve it in water and take it orally. The amount of water you add will depend on your weight.
Taking vyvanse in water may be a helpful option if you’re taking a lower dose than the recommended amount. It’s also a good option if you have trouble swallowing the pill whole or experience stomach pain after taking it.
You can dissolve vyvanse in water, but you need to be careful to not take too much. Doing so can cause unwanted side effects and make it more difficult to determine when you should take another dose.
That being said, if you take a lower dose than the recommended amount, you may be able to dissolve vyvanse in water and still experience the benefits of the drug.