Terminating a pregnancy is a complicated process. Carrying out an abortion at home is even more complicated. Nonetheless, if you would rather keep the process private, home remedies for abortion are your best bet.
First, before panicking, ask yourself: I am pregnant? If you are not sure you can easily make a test from your home, read our article about the homemade pregnancy tests.
Introduction To Home Remedies For A Natural Abortion
Unsurprisingly, most women prefer to carry out complete abortion safely in the comfort of their homes. Still, you have to ensure safety first. This is because aborting at a wrong time using improper methods can quickly lead to horrendous consequences that could have been avoided.
Note of Caution
While home remedies for pregnancy are not wrong methods, they may be used at an inappropriate time and inevitably lead to avoidable consequences.
When is the wrong time then?
Our note of caution is that you should abstain from using any home remedies abortion if you have been pregnant for more than ten weeks.
The idea of terminating your pregnancy at home may randomly pop as an idea. Still, it is recommended that you thoroughly weigh the beneficial and adverse effects before you move on with the decision to use home remedies for pregnancy.
With all these said, it is necessary to point out that abortion home remedies are safe and effective, as long as they are used at the right time and in the right way.
Physical Abuse versus Home Remedies for Abortion
First off, physical abuse sounds like, appears to be, and is a dreadful method to carry out an abortion. Unlike home remedies abortion, physical abuse can cause irreparable damage to your body.
Therefore, the use of physical abuse is strongly discouraged.
What are the Best Home Remedies for Abortion?
In the last section, we introduced the concept of home remedies for terminating a pregnancy.
In this section, we discuss the best remedies for carrying out an abortion at home.
To be accurate, there are several forms of home remedies abortion currently in use. Quite a number of these forms are popular, while some are obscure. Others are restricted to localities and regions where there is the availability of the abortion-inducing substance.
This list consists of home remedies that were selected based on the following parameters:
- Widespread availability
- Safe to use
- Widely known to be effective
Classification of Home Remedies for Abortion
The home remedies in this list are classified into three groups. They include:
Young women talk about their abortion experience
List of Best Home Remedies to Terminate Naturally a Pregnancy
- Papaya (Pawpaw)
- Papaya is one home remedy for pregnancy termination with excellent taste as a befitting complement for its abortion-inducing function. Reports from several women seem to affirm that most women would have planned miscarriages by eating copious amounts of Papaya. Papaya is safe and does not have the safety scare associated with ingesting high doses of most other home remedies for abortion.
- Sesame Seeds
- Sesame seeds are a healthy inclusion in the diets of many people around the world. Notwithstanding, it has an infamous property of inducing abortion. Intake may be by directly ingesting a handful of sesame seeds. Alternatively, the seeds can be soaked in a glass of water at night and left until the morning: the flavored water resulting from the prolonged (overnight) submergence can then be taken in the morning. To get the same result, you may also choose to include the seeds in your dishes. Sesame seeds are known to be safe and efficient home remedy abortion.
- Supplements of cinnamon can be ingested as well to induce abortion. For maximum effectiveness, it is recommended that the cinnamon should not be cooked prior to ingestion.
- Pineapple owes its abortion-inducing property to Vitamin C and certain enzymes that constitute its chemical composition. You may decide to eat up the fruit directly or instead settle for a refreshing glass of pineapple juice daily.
- Goji Berry
- Goji berry is highly concentrated in vitamin C and carotenoids like zeaxanthin, lutein, lycopene, and anti-inflammatory properties. One of the best choices for quickly taking a large amount of vitamin C.
- Vitamin C used in High Doses
- To get started, it must be said that Vitamin C has safe thresholds above which it is toxic. With that said, taking higher dosages of Vitamin C is widely known to induce abortion. While Vitamin C is present in citrus fruits and can be sourced by eating these fruits, Vitamin C supplements are recommended for better effectiveness. You should gradually increase the daily dosage from 500 mg to 1200 mg over a standard course of time. The gradual increase in Vitamin C dosage will cause a corresponding rise in estrogen levels in your body.
Furthermore, the rise in estrogen levels will lead to a decrease in progesterone levels. Progesterone is a hormone essential for the healthy development of a fetus.
Thus, the decrease in progesterone resulting from an increased Vitamin C intake eventually leads to a safe pregnancy abortion.
Vitamin C in high dosage can be dangerous; know more about it at the end of this article.
- Dong Quai Capsule
- The use of this drug often follows a consistent intake of high Vitamin C dosage for six days. At this stage, a woman will generally need to take only one Dong Quai capsule. The combined action of both drugs (vitamin C supplements and Dong Quai capsule) causes forced contraction of the uterus, leading to the expulsion of the fetus.
For more information, read our article: “Dong Quai Abortion – Everything You Should Know For Safe Use.”
- Parsley Leaves
- Parsley leaves are very natural home remedies for abortion that are known to be effective. You must ingest the parsley leaves in a whole, but only a little at a time. The mode of action of this herb closely mirrors that of Vitamin C.In that, it leads to the combined effort of contraction of the uterus and dilatation of the cervix, ultimately leading to an abortion. For increased potency, you could supplement intake of parsley leaves with Vitamin C. You must, however, note that for safety reasons, you would have to take far less quantity than you normally would if either (parsley leaves or Vitamin C) were taken singly.
- Black Cohosh
- This herb prepares the uterus for abortion. After intake, there has to be a follow-up intake of red cohosh. It is important to note that the black cohosh’s information does not terminate a pregnancy by itself. However, its effect on the uterus would lead to an abortion. Recommended dose requirements vary. Thus, it is in your best interest to consult an experienced herbalist. Black cohosh is generally safe to use, though there are multiple reports of temporary side effects.
- The impact of Angelica on women is two-fold. It activates contractions and facilitates menstruation. Both products make it a suitable home remedy for the termination of a pregnancy. Angelica should be mixed in a cup of warm water and taken four times every 24 hours. The recommended safety range for the use of this natural product is between 5 and 15 falls.
- Unlike the other herbs above, the abortion-inducing substance in Pennyroyal is known. This substance is called ‘pulegone.’ Pulegone causes uterine contractions that are not precisely mild, thus predisposing to abortion of the developing fetus. A particularly strong point for Pennyroyal’s use is that it is entirely natural and remarkably effective.
Precautions to Note When Using Home Remedies for Abortion
Vitamin C precautions
Vitamin C ranks highly (arguably tops the ranking) in potency for terminating a pregnancy. In fact, for most women, Vitamin C is the first choice of home remedy for abortion.
In any case, Vitamin C must be consumed thoughtfully while adhering to safe limits, mostly when consumed in the form of supplements.
The maximum limit is 1250 mg, and the climb to the maximum limit should be gradual rather than immediate.
Vitamin C in liposomal will be absorbed by your body and not filtered by your kidneys as the old generation of “classic” vitamin C. Past the recommended safe range, excessive levels of Vitamin C can cause localized and extensive damage to the kidneys.
Parsley Leaves precautions
The toxicity associated with the consumption of parsley leaves stems from the rate at which it is consumed. Taking a lot of it in a short period can lead to unintentional toxic effects on the body.
Thus, gradual increases are essential to getting the desired effect of inducing abortion, without an accompanying long list of health complications.
The most used abortion pill on the market, for use within 72 hours (3 days) after sex
The effectiveness and safety of these home remedies for abortion may not be in doubt; however, you may be unsure how to use them. If this is the case, there are OTC (over-the-counter).
To be doubly sure about the effectiveness and possible risks associated with using a brand of abortion pills, consult your primary health caregiver before making a purchase.